How to Get Your Child Support Payments Reduced

Believe it or not, 50% of marriages in the US end in divorce. Most of those marriages already have children, which means that child support payments are part and parcel of the lives of many people out there. Since so many people have to pay those payments anyway, I am going to offer you a few tips that will allow you to reduce the amount you have to pay every month.

One of the first steps into making sure that your payments are lower is hiring the right attorney for the job. You will be looking at Child Support Modification in Nashua in case you live close to this place.

If you have recently lost your job, you can do a lot to have your monthly payments reduced. All you have to do is to make sure that you have all the documentation related to this event ready to present to whom it may concern. It can be anything like a letter from your former employer, your unemployment checks if you have them, etc. The list goes on and on.

Another reason to ask for a child support modification is when you suddenly have more expenses such as the expenses related to a car accident, or increased medical bills. Try to have as many documents to prove it as possible and you are more likely to achieve what you want.

Once your documentation is ready and you have a lawyer to help you, you might want to file a motion to revise your child support payments. Ideally, your lawyer will do everything for you, which is advisable taking into account that there are many things to consider here.

I know that it comes as no surprise, but under no circumstances should you try to strike a deal with your ex. Even if your wife says that it is OK if you miss one month worth of payments, pay your payments regularly anyway. Go through the courts to avoid any unpleasant surprises.


How to Get Your Child Support Payments Reduced — 1 Comment

  1. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog
    and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having
    a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

    I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.